Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why am I running?

Am I running away from something? Towards something? Or just running to run?

I am running away from being old and weak.

I am running towards strength. I am running towards being a good example to my kids, someone they respect for my self discipline, will, and physical strength.

And, I am running just for me. Running gives me time just to be me, not a mom, not a boss, not a daughter, not even a wife. Just me. If I am not running solo and alone in a happy place with my tunes, I am running with a friend or on a lucky day with my husband. . . and having uninterrupted conversations that I never find time for unless my feet are moving over the earth. These running hours nourish my soul as much as they strengthen my body.

I am running. Just running.

I started this running journey on 8/31/2010 with my first day of Couch to 5k. I'll add some more posts with summaries of the posts I made during those early months on the couch25k forums. (I love those forums!) The encouragement and advice I found on those forums from my co-conspirators on the running journey has been essential in helping me take the next step day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment